House matters. Things better written than said. All that junks.



First Freakin Day at QEH


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I don't know how to describe my first day. I'm doing respiratory medicine. So, since I'm in tuberculosis endemic area, the respiratory wards will always have patients with TB. Everyone has to wear protective mask. I didn't feel comfortable even when wearing the mask and I think I may become paranoid and hyperchondriac. Alas, life as a health care worker. Exposed to tons of things.

It was TB clinic the whole day today. And guess how many patients I saw. Three. Yeap, just three. How frustrating. Just sitting there in the clinic waiting for patients. The consultant was nice enough to give me something to read. Guidelines to management of TB. Nice or 'Nice'. Yeah, thanks for the subtle hints. I know I don't know much.

And one embarrassing thing happened as well. I was helping this doctor taking blood. So, the doctor left me alone with the patient. My first attempt, blood not enough. Second attempt, no blood. I was hungry and my hands were shaking a bit. Shit I tell you. Pity that 14-year-old boy.
I had to ask this other doctor to take the blood for me.

*Hey, where are you guys? Write something...please*


0 Responses to “First Freakin Day at QEH”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


  • stOOsi
  • Afza
  • Mel
  • Viro
  • Ada aPa DenGaN KoK JiN
  • Truly 39A Upper Newcastle Road
  • Short update
  • Last Post from Me before leaving 136GD
  • Exam's over
  • We're so busy (and lazy) we have no time to blog
  • Our Last Dinner
  • Newspaper snippet
  • Happy Birthday
  • From Mr Casteinera to BotH Of Us..
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • November 2006
  • January 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • September 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • January 2009
  • Powered by Blogger


    ATOM 0.3